I have so much to share and talk about today...get ready!
*SOLD!!!! Well, pending technically. About 2 weeks ago we had a good offer on the house and it couldn't have worked out more perfectly. We are closing on November 5th and *hopefully* our new house will be finished by then. The "10 day contingency" period is over now, they already did a home inspection and the financing part should be done too. So hip hip hooray for that. I can relax soo much more now and be so much more excited for our new home now that our current home is sold.
*Our new home is truckin along and they have the "shell" up and now it looks like a house. It has been so much fun picking out appliances, lights, wall colors, counter tops, and everything else that comes with a new home. I was so afraid Rick and I would continually disagree on picking out everything. Everyone told me that was the hardest part about building a house. Well Rick and I have really agreed on pretty much everything about the house. The layout, the "add ons" and all the extras.
*The pacifier is history, or as Kendall likes to call it, her "nuk." We gave it the ol' boot a couple weeks ago and she has been doing AWESOME!!! On night number two we had a setback and neither Rick nor I got very much sleep. We gave the nuk back for a couple nights only (she didn't get it at naptime) and then went back to no pacifier. She has adjusted wonderfully and I am so grateful. You hear so many horror stories about taking away the pacifier. What I did was cut the tip off the nuk and gave it to Kendall. I told her it was broken and she threw it away. So whenever she asks for it I tell her it's broken. She really doesn't ask for it anymore and only makes reference to it when she is giving her baby her pacifier or sees another baby with one. Next...potty training, ha, yeah right, I am waiting on that one :)
*Rick was a rockstar this past weekend and completed the half marathon! He was pretty nervous about it until race time, but he did so great! I believe he finished up in about 2 hours and 20 minutes or something like that. He is still sore from it to this day and has a VERY sore foot from it but other then that all is well. Also on Saturday we were blessed to be able to witness one of our good friend's baby Emma get baptized. Rick was super blessed to be asked to be the godfather and it was a beautiful mass. It would have been MORE beautiful if my child wasn't a complete TERROR!! She was AWFUL. She has never been that bad in church and I was so embarrassed! She was loud, naughty, and threw temper tantrums when she didn't get her way. Not even fruit snacks could distract her. Ugh...
Sorry for the long post, I just had so much to share!
CONGRATS!!! I don't know how I missed this post until now! You guys have lots to celebrate! I'm so jealous on your new house - how wonderful to be able to pick out what you want and be the first owners! That is so awesome! Can't wait to see more pictures!! : )
ReplyDelete