Friday, March 4, 2011

Good times on the potty




Kendall is going to kill me for having this picture one day, haha! Oh the joys of potty training. I just love this transition in Kendall's life from diapers to underwear, no actually, I don't! Ha! I really can't complain, it really hasn't been that bad. Kendall is by no means perfect, or even close. She is typical toddler with her occasional crying meltdowns, her whining, and her bossiness. We started potty training about a month ago with pull ups and putting her on the toilet throughout the day. We weren't too serious about it and just slowly transitioned to the potty. She did really well, but still had a lot of accidents in her pull up/diaper. I just don't think she really got the hang of it since the diapers and pull ups would absorb everything.




Well last weekend we decided to take the plunge and get underwear. Rick and I were very nervous about it since no one likes pee on the furniture and floor! Kendall LOVES her Dora/Elmo/Tinkerbell "undies." Day number 1 left a lot to be desired. She had about 4 or 5 accidents but I wasn't giving up that easily and putting her back in pull ups. The next day was better with only 2 or 3. This week she was at daycare full days due to Rick being out of town. (Usually she is only there 2-4 days per week and only from 8-1pm.) I have to give major props to our daycare provider for doing such an awesome job with her this week. Throughout this week she has only had a total of 3 accidents, 2 being in the first day. She is doing so great, and will go both #1 and #2 in the toilet. We have only had one accident in the last 3 days.




I know she can, and probably will, regress at times, but it has been much easier then I expected. My long term goal was to have her out of diapers by June, and here we are in March and only using two a day, one for nap and one for night. During her nap she wakes up dry (just using the diaper for incidentals), but she will probably have to have a nighttime diaper of some sort on each night. She still goes A LOT at night and it will probably be awhile until she can hold it through the night. I know each child is so different and I received a lot of advice via FB, which made me laugh more then anything. I just loved every one's different stories and advice. I used some and laughed at others, but it was great to see such support. I think what we have goin with Kendall is going good and I am pumped to use our hard earned money on something other then diapers, for the next couple months anyway :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY for Kendall! What a big girl! We have not been very consistent with M-babe and I think that's a huge reason why she hasn't been more successful. It just didn't seem like she was ready, but we didn't give it much of a chance -- it's such a hassle! Now I'm thinking we'll wait for a big push until after baby brother gets settled in... we'll see! :)

    ReplyDelete