Monday, July 16, 2012

pineapples and a slip 'n slide

Have I ever blogged about our supper club?  Before you call us old or boring, let me explain.  Rick and I and 4 other couples started a supper club months ago.  In our supper club are the Jeffers', Klein's, Ross', Pendergasts, and us of course.  Each month we rotate who hosts and pick a theme.  Yes, we are kind of lame, but we all love a good theme and good food.  We bring our kiddos too and between all of us are 8 kids between the age of 10 and 8 months!  So anyway, it was our turn to host and we had a luau theme.  Everyone brought a pineapple to use as a drinking vessel and a dish to share.  We all ate WAY too much food and had a ton of fun.  It was crazy hot that day and even a few of the adults took part going on the slip 'n slide, it was perfecto!  We ended the night with a fire and s'mores and everything went perfectly. 

Here are a few pics from mine and Jenn's phone:

Who needs a vessel when you can drink right out of the pitcher?

Don't piss off the kindergarten teacher

Danielle and I on the slip 'n slide. Yup, that's a three lane, be jealous (It's the Jeffers!)
Rick lost his hat

The girls of supper club

How cute is this picture?  Addy, Abby and Kendall all on the double swing (honestly couldn't even tell you what it's called)
However, the girls are so little at least three can fit on it.  They loved it and I love how good of friends they are!

I told Kendall I wanted to take her picture and this is her best defense move! Ha!  Had to put it on here

We threw some mousse in Kendall's hair and voila, it's curly!
 Pretty cute but it doesn't hold up during naptime, so it's a special treat.

Before picture (don't mind the food on her face)

After!  Look closely and you see earrings!  Kendall wanted them so bad that Mom and Dad finally gave in.  $54 and a few tears later, she has pink flowers in her ears.  She loves them.  Side note: $54 at Claires???? Does that seem crazy to anyone else?  I recall it to be a lot cheaper back in the day :)  Also, she was showing off her tattoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment