Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2 birthdays and 2 oz.
















Things are finally winding down at the Hochhalter home. We have now celebrated Kendall's first birthday TWICE and are finally done with the birthday game! The first time we just celebrated at home, like I wrote about in my last post, but this birthday was for all our friends and family at the Comfort Inn and Suites. Besides the loudness and the slippery floor it was a good time. We had a great turnout and the kids had a great time swimming. Kendall liked swimming but was definitely NOT a fan of the big slide. This was VERY scary to her! She received so many nice gifts and we are so appreciative of our giving family and friends. This time we just gave Kendall a regular size cupcake to eat and I think it worked out much better then the giant cupcake. She ate the entire cupcake which is more then she has eaten in one sitting ever I think!


Yesterday was very busy for us. We took Kendall's one year pics at Penny's and took her in for her 1 year shots and a weight check. The pics went great. Kendall wasn't at all crabby...just wanted to walk away from the camera toward bigger and better things! We got some good ones though and the ONLY thing I was sort of disappointed in was that they didn't have a giant number one. I guess that is Sears??


After the pics we strolled around the mall, did some much needed shopping and went to the doc to get Kendall's shots. She needed both flu boosters and her 1 year shots. Thank goodness Doc M splits the 1 year shots into two visits (15 months), otherwise she would have had a ton of shots with both boosters. We also had Kendall in for a weight check. She weighed in at...drum roll please...18 lbs 14oz. Hmm....that is only 2 oz in two weeks. We, and Nancy (Doc M's nurse) were hoping for more. Sigh. Sadly she was also wearing a onesie this time, not just her diaper, so that probably accounted for 1oz of the 2! We are trying to feed her more but she just isn't a big eater. However, at this rate she will only gain a pound every two months!! So we are hoping this is just a phase and her weight bounces back within the next couple months.




I posted a few pics from Kendall's one year pics. Don't tell JCP I posted these...hee hee!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! What a big girl! She is so cute and did so well for her photoshoot! I'm debating on where to get MVJ's pics. Would you recommend JCP? Have you ever gone to Sears? Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete