This sure was an extended Christmas this year. We actually began celebrating Christmas way back at Thanksgiving with my family in Grand Forks. On Christmas Eve we went to children's mass at St. Mary's and it was great. Kendall was good, there was good music, and I loved seeing the children's choir preform. After mass we went to Rick's mother's home and had a wonderful dinner and opened some great gifts. Kendall is pretty funny when it comes to presents. She LOVES opening the presents, but couldn't care less what's in them, she just wants to move onto the next present. Then once we get home she was amazed at all the things she received. Oh, Christmas with a toddler :)
Yesterday Rick and I hosted Christmas dinner with his Dad's family. Including us we had 10 people here. It was great. Rick and I cooked ham and a whole bunch of side items. We have a ton of leftovers and are pretty sure we will be eating ham for a looonnnggg time. It was such an awesome time being able to host a big meal at our new home. We finally have the room to have people over and entertain. It will be even better next Christmas when we have a finished basement to gather in.
It's back to work tomorrow but our Christmas hasn't ended yet! Rick's brother and his wife will be coming this week and we can't wait to spend time with them. We will have another two rounds of Christmas meals with them and then it will all finally be over. Just in time, I might add, for Kendall's birthday bash, in two weekends. It's completely crazy to think she will be two in less then two weeks. She is becoming miss independent and talks so much, in sentences mostly! I will have a bigger post dedicated to my big girl in a week or so, I just can't resist :)
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and all your wishes came true!
No comments:
Post a Comment