
Well, for me at least! We had our ultrasound today and found out we will be sporting team blue come June! As many of you know, I was completely convinced that I was having another girl and would've bet a small fortune on it. When the ultrasound tech asked if we had any bets on the gender, I told her that I thought it was a girl and Rick thought it was a boy. When she said, well, Dad wins, I about wet myself. Seriously, at this point I still can't believe I have a little boy growing inside of me. The ultrasound tech must also think I don't believe it. I just looked at the CD she gave us and 4 pics out of the 6 are pointing to the boy parts. Ha! We are super excited and to say Rick is pumped up would be an understatement.
Everything looked good baby wise but we need to have another u/s in 4 weeks due to him being a stinker and hiding behind my belly button! She was unable to see a few things and will hopefully have better luck next month. He is 11oz and measuring within one day of my due date. Speaking of dates, I also now have a delivery date. Since I am going for another c-section, we were able to set it up and lock it in. June 22nd will be d-day and will be here before we know it.
There was one thing for me that the doctor will keep a close eye on. When I was pregnant with Kendall, I had a low lying placenta. This is fine as long as it doesn't go too low and cover the cervix. Well with Kendall it cleared up on it's own and it wasn't really a big deal. Well as of today, with this pregnancy, my placenta is completely covering my cervix, which is called complete placenta previa. This can cause bleeding which in turn could cause preterm labor. If the placenta is still covering my cervix at the time of labor, they preform a c-section. Well, since I am already going that route, we just need to make sure I don't begin to bleed. Dr. Bradley ordered pelvic restrictions which means no exercise above walking, no activities with jumping or bouncing, or pretty much anything that could jostle the placenta. So hopefully it will clear up on it's own and in the next couple months. We are going to Florida in a couple months and this would limit most any rides I could go on. We will just play it by ear and I am sure everything will work out in the end.
OH BOY!!!! I seriously took forever to actually come to terms with having a boy, but now I'm all about it! I think figuring out the name has helped for me... oh, and all the cutesie boy things we got for Christmas helped too! : ) I'll pray for the placenta previa thing. That's no fun -- mine was low with this baby's first ultrasound, but it was all good by the second. Maybe that'll be the case for you too! Hopefully!
ReplyDelete