Tuesday, January 3, 2012

100th post, eek!

This is prepping to be a blog happy week.  I wanted to blog about last weekend, and I am still due to post on Jaxon's 6 month, and Kendall is turning THREE on Thursday.  Crazy. 

OK, for New Years we went to the Minneapolis area for the long weekend.  Did I mention we left the kiddos and dogs at home?!  It was Rick and I's first weekend away from Jaxon and our first weekend without kids since about 2 years ago. 

It was especially hard to leave my Jaxonater, since he's still so young, but he was in good hands with my parents in GF. Kendall stayed with Rick's mom and step dad and had a fun filled weekend.  She even went to her first movie!  Chipmunks, and Kendall quotes it still. 

We drove down to Plymouth, where Rick's brother and sister in-law, Ryan and Tara, live.  Yes, her name is the same as mine, weird I know, but she pronounces it differently, which the families just love ;)  Anyway, on Friday night we went out for some drinks and opened some Christmas gifts.  On Saturday we HAD to make our way over to IKEA.  I just love that store.  90% of the stuff is weird or not things we need, but the random neat things you find are great. On Saturday night we went out with some old college friends, Josh Cranston and his wife Stacey, and Jason Cook and his wife Nicole.  It was great catching up and playing some fun games at Dave and Busters.  Amazingly I stayed up until the ball dropped, 3 minutes past I might add. 

Sunday was great.  We got up and headed to the Bears-Vikings game.  There were tons of Bears fans, we had great seats (Thanks Carmyn), and the Bears pulled out a victory. 

Rick and I with Carmyn
All in all it was great relaxing for the weekend (I even got an entire book read), going out to eat at all kinds of new places, and spending time with Ryan and Tara. 

On Monday we woke up early and met my parents in Fargo to pick Jaxon up.  Did I mention he has stranger danger sometimes?  Well, when I picked him up, he looked at me and didn't recognize me!!!  He busted out his pouty lip and started crying!  BROKE MY HEART!  Mark my words.  I am never leaving him again. 


Well, off to get things ready for Kendall's birthday party on Saturday.  Of course I have a list a mile long, but what am I busy doing?  Updating my blog of course.

1 comment:

  1. It was soooo fun hanging out. I can't wait until Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete