Saturday, March 31, 2012

it's been one of those weeks

As I write this blog post, the hum of Jaxon's monitor is in the background, along with my singing 3 year old busting out "the wheels on the bus" while trying to put herself asleep.  It's been one of those days weeks, and I am ready for a small vacation.  Rewind to last week. On Tuesday Kendall was diagnoses with strep throat (second time in about 6 weeks if you aren't keeping track) and on Wednesday Jaxon came down with the stomach flu.  Fast forward another couple days and Kendall came out of strep and also came down with the stomach flu.  You ever have one of those days where you feel like your family can't catch a break?  Insert the Hochhalter house.  It seems like just yesterday that we were battling strep throat with one and pneumonia with the other.  Oh wait, that was just last month.  Sense my sarcasm?  :)

I know when they are little they pick up what seems like every virus.  Our children both go to daycare and are exposed to germs.  In addition, we take them to the YMCA daycare about 3-4 evenings week, which exposes them to even more.  So, I realize that they are going to pick up a lot of stuff, but come on! 

Kendall has gotten over both the stomach flu and the strep throat pretty quickly, she usually bounces back from things pretty quickly.  Jaxon on the other hand just can't get ahead with his stomach flu.  He has been throwing up off and on since Wednesday, and hasn't eaten much of anything.  I feel pretty bad for the little guy and pray every night that tomorrow he will turn around.  I know he will come out of it, and that his crabby little mood will get better.  Thank goodness I have a flexible job that allows me to work from home and Rick has also been able to take some time off.  However, nothing makes you feel better then when your Mom drives up from Grand Forks super early Friday morning to take care of your sick puking children while you go to work.  I really do have the best Mom!

On to happier things.  I am super late on Jaxon's 9 month post, and don't expect it until at least tomorrow.  Yes, I realize he turned 9 months over a week ago :)  Rick is in Fargo for the weekend at a bachelor party so it's been extra busy around the house.  I have been keeping busy getting ready for our first rummage sale of the season, it's coming fast in two weeks!  With this amazing weather, Jenn and I are itching to sell the random crap around our house.

{Insert randomness}

*Kendall is such a good helper around the house.  She will help you with everything from laundry, unloading the dishwasher, fetching things for Jaxon, feeding the dogs, you get the idea.  I just love what a great big sister she is!

*Jaxon found his voice.  No, not his babbling voice (he already found that), his SCREAMING voice.  Sigh... He screams when he's happy, sad or bored.  Yup, it's high pitched and loud.

*Kendall is such a little tattle tale.  She likes to know the rules and make sure everyone else it following them.  Then when they are acting naughty she will search out their parent and tell them.  We are working on it, ha!

*Kendall has an AMAZING memory.  She can remember names that she has only been told once and events that happened over a year ago.  It's very cool, but she can most definitely choose what she remembers and what she wants to listen to.  We have been working on her "listening skills" on a daily basis. 


Jaxon loves his waffles!

Kendall decided to play dress up

Check out this video with Kendall.  Keep watching to see her mad dancing skills.


That's all for tonight, I will follow with Jaxon's nine month post soon, I promise!



No comments:

Post a Comment