Tuesday, August 14, 2012

thirty

Rick is finally 30 also.  He has been spouting off "old" jokes for the past 3 months since I turned 30.  I wanted to make Rick's birthday special since he is such an amazing father and husband.  I have to gush for just a little bit.  Rick is the most thoughtful person I know.  He always thinks of others.  It's the little things.  If he is going upstairs to make a smoothie or a drink, he will always bring another down for you, without even asking.  He makes sure not to dry my clothes that are "lay flat to dry" and always makes sure to make a sandwich for me or the kids before himself.  It really is his best trait and I appreciate it so much.  In addition, he is a hands on father who loves his kiddos.  We love to do fun activities as a family, and he is always first to say he wants to go to the pumpkin patch, craft show, or the park.  Ok, Ok I am done.  It's just the older I get, the more I appreciate him! 

As you remember, he planned an awesome trip to Phoenix with my Mom and friends, so I wanted to do something fun for him.  We went to Minneapolis for the weekend and had so much fun.  We took Kendall with us and left Jaxon with my parents.  Kendall had just come back from spending 8 days with my parents at the lake!  So we swapped the kids in Fargo and left.  Rick's brother Ryan lives in Plymouth and it was his birthday on August 10 and Rick's birthday on August 11.  Ryan is such a good uncle and was more then willing to spend his birthday with his niece at Nickelodeon Universe.  Kendall had a ton of fun on all the rides and amazingly she wasn't scared of ANY of the rides she went on.  The one that amazed me the most was the log chute.  There are two large drops into the water and Kendall thought it was the coolest thing.  She was laughing after!  I was more scared then she was!

On Saturday we went to the Twins game.  Even though they lost it was still a good time and Ryan got us awesome seats!

Getting ready to ride the train

No hands! It was actually going pretty fast

The "elevator" as Kendall called it.  I was amazed she did so well with this one. 
It dropped them about 20feet kind of fast.

Rugrats bumper car.  Kendall could not figure out how to drive the car and it just ended up in the wall

Kendall's chaperone on the other train, Uncle Ryan. 


Log Chute! Look how scared Rick and I are compared to Kendall!


Birthday Brothers!

The guys watching the game

It was a fun weekend and I hope Rick enjoyed it just as much as an old man :)

No comments:

Post a Comment