Saturday, November 7, 2009

Ten Months and NO Teeth!




This month FLEW by. I feel like I was just writing Kendall's 9 month post. Which, by the way, you are probably getting sick of seeing posts just on Kendall. I'm really trying to work on that :) It's just that she is about the only exciting thing in my life most days. I never fully understood that once you have a child, he or she rules your life. Well, I completely understand now!


OK, back to my update. Kendall is now ten months old and zeroing in on her first birthday. I don't know about your house, but the time between Halloween and Christmas always flies by. This year I am sure it will be the same. Since her birthday is only two weeks after Christmas it will come fast. Speaking of Christmas, here is my gripe of the day. This will be Kendall's first Christmas. So I would like to get some cheesy gear that says something like, "First Christmas." Is that too much to ask?? The biggest I have found these in is 6-9 months. What about all the kiddos born in January, February or March? I need 9-12 month outfits! It is so frustrating!

Update: After feverishly looking for Kendall's Halloween tights (see last post) I was doing laundry the day after Halloween and guess what I found?? They were in the dryer of all places. They must have fallen into her clothes hamper and got washed without Rick noticing them. Oh well, I am over it now!


OK, now for my topic of the day. Kendall!! She still doesn't have a single tooth and Rick and I are almost completely convinced that she won't get one before her first birthday. This is really fine with me, except that I have to get creative with table foods and snacks. She loves to feed herself things, but I am paranoid that she won't be able to chomp some foods without teeth. I usually stick with graham crackers, cheese, noodles, pancakes, bread, and Gerber snacks of course.


She is getting quite skilled with walking. I have a feeling her first step won't be far away. She can stand on her own for quite some time now and loves to walk with her push walker thing? Whatever that thing is called :) The only thing that will hold her back I have a feeling is the fact that she can crawl...FAST. I mean, this girl can cruise! She manages to get all the way in the kitchen to the dog dish and dump it out before I realize it! This has happened several times and always ends with her smiling and me changing her outfit. She loves the water and we just started swimming lessons this week. She has become the class demonstrator each night and the instructor says she is the most cooperative baby she has had to demo with. I guess she gets her love of the water from me.


Other things she has discovered this month are how to throw the dogs her food from her highchair, crawl completely into her toy basket, and crawl up an entire flight of stairs. This last one came unplanned AND unsupervised. A few weeks ago when we were in Fargo I put her downstairs with Mickey Mouse Club on so I could pack up our bags. I swear I wasn't gone more then 2 minutes when I heard her babbling from on top of the stairs. She went up an entire set of stairs by herself without falling. She is such a monkey. I am just happy she didn't fall down when she was crawling up them.


The other thing she learned this month is that if she is loud enough in church she gets to leave and crawl around the commons area. She continues to be the VERY loud baby in church and talks/babbles soo loud that we have to leave at least once during mass. I am HOPING this is just a phase and she will turn into the quiet shy girl. I am not holding my breath.


Well, I think that's all for today! Here are a couple pictures of Kendall standing on her own and eating lasagna.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Look at that little stander!! Can she get any cuter??? I see a lot of Daddy in her little face! : ) I found some bigger sized Christmas outfits at Kohls -- maybe they have what you're looking for? In the end, I bought a cute sweater dress at Old Navy and decided it can be worn more than just at Christmas. Isn't shopping for these little girls fun??! : )

    ReplyDelete