This is ABSOLUTELY my favorite time of the year. I love everything about the holidays. The cheesy music, the lights, the decorations, the gifts, the family, EVERYTHING. I especially love that we don't have any snow yet. I guess I'm not one of those people that needs snow for the holidays.
The Hochhalter's had a great Thanksgiving with my parents and Rick's father. We hosted this year and I have realized there are pros and cons to this. The biggest benefit to hosting is that you get most of the leftovers :) However, you have to clean before AND after everyone leaves! Of course no Thanksgiving weekend would be complete without a little, no wait, a lot of black Friday shopping. My mom and I ventured out at 3:45 in the morning to get some great deals at Kohls, Target, Herbergers and the rest of the mall. I am just about completely done with Christmas shopping, I may have one or two left to get, but for the most part I am done.
Kendall is coming up quickly on her 11 month birthday and it is really setting in that she isn't such a baby anymore. She is growing up so quickly and I have decided it's coming too fast now! I have realized our days of formula, bottles, and pacifiers are soon coming to an end. It will be bittersweet to put these all away! She stands all the time, has taken some steps, and can go from sitting to standing without holding on to anything now. She is getting so big! Several people have said this week that she has grown so much lately. Books are her new fave, she sits on the floor and pages through them looking at the pictures and trying to tear them apart! She is still our little destructo!
No comments:
Post a Comment