Saturday, May 28, 2011

Beginning the final countdown

Kendall riding in the "alligator" for some reason she wouldn't say "elevator." Also note Tammy's face in the back...she was NOT impressed to be in this elevator!


The cousins on the Vennes side...plus Kendall




The Morgan's, Bret, Eric and Me!












No pictures please!




Grandma and Kendall




I just love her "funny face"



3 and a 1/2 weeks. That may seem like a long time to some, but to me it's coming so quick! I think of the extended list I have to accomplish at work before maternity leave, the things around the house to still get done, and being a mother to two children! I am feeling pretty good, just always seem to be out of breath, dealing with my swollen feet, and popping tums for the constant heartburn! I have an ultrasound on Tuesday to check for size and I am pumped to see this baby again. I am feeling EXTREMELY huge and even some of my maternity clothes aren't fitting right anymore...ugh. I am almost done, I need to keep preaching that to myself!






The "baby's room" is ready as of last week. Since our basement isn't finished yet, the baby is bunking with Rick and I for about the first 2 months. This is no different then Kendall, she slept her first 8 weeks of life in our room also, but it's a struggle because we don't have an actual room for him yet. You know, somewhere to store all his clothes, blankets, etc. So I bought a few organizational things and we should be good to go. Clothes have been washed, bassinet is just about ready, and pacifiers/bottles are ready.






Last week we headed to GF for my Grandfather's funeral. It was great to see so much family again, but very hard to say goodbye to a man we all loved so much. He was a great man and impacted many many lives, and that was evident by the people who spoke of him and attended his funeral. To say I will miss him is such an understatement. I can still see him in my mind and can picture him talking and laughing. It's hard to realize I won't ever be able to talk with him agian, hear his stories, or give him a hug. My memories will always be with me and that makes me happy.





Here are some pics from the week and other random ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment