Sunday, December 4, 2011

he is blessed!

Jaxon was baptised last weekend, at St. Mary's church.  I was worried that Jaxon wouldn't be feeling well and his stranger danger would be in overdrive.  Well, it just goes to show that you shouldn't worry about the little things in life and everything will go as intended.  Jaxon did wonderfully!  The baptism was at the end of mass, since Advent started that day. Jaxon was super talkative, but that is just his personality.  At our church, they don't pour holy water over the baby, they DUNK them, 3 times I might add :)  I love it! 

We had a little reception at our home afterward and even Father Gene joined in on the fun.  We had food galore and great conversation.  It went great! 

On another note, Jaxon is doing great after his tummy got used to the soy formula (and his taste buds!).  He hasn't gone through another bout of tummy troubles, and we are crossing our fingers that this does the trick.  I had a few people ask me why our doctor didn't just put Jaxon on the alimentum formula right away, since usually soy and milk allergies go hand and hand.  Dr. Murphy said she usually does that,  but the alimentum formula usually causes really bad stools, and Jaxon was having a tough time with the diarrhea.  Soo, Dr. Murphy wanted to try soy first, and if it doesn't help or the symptoms come back, she will then instruct us to put him on a formula that is free of milk AND soy.  So, we will wait and see, but so far so good!

Landon and Jaxon

In his baptism outfit!



Jaxon loves the feel of Father Gene's face!


The Godparents, Tammy and Ryan

Matching sleepers, not even planned.  We just have good taste!

I love Landon's "gummy" smile!
Here are some pictures, and I HAD to add some of Jaxon and his  BFF Landon.  Check out those matching sleepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment